Remember that crazy low light camera from last year? Well, that’s going on Canon’s very first drone – the PD6E2000-AW-CJ1 to give Search and Rescue teams an incredible advantage in getting a first look into disaster zones, as you can see from the video above.
As a quick recap, the ME20F-SH is a 2.2MP camera that has a maximum ISO sensitivity of about ISO 4,000,000. It takes Full HD video with a subject illumination as low as 0.0005 lux, and will be supported by two gimbals on the six-propeller drone which is said to have a maximum payload capacity of 10kg, and be able to operate in the rain. Remote control of the camera’s pitch and roll is possible, allowing rescue workers to get a better look in to disaster areas before they send teams in.
- Ultrahigh sensitivity * 1
- Minimum object illuminance 0.0005 lux or less * 2 (maximum gain of 75 dB, ISO sensitivity equivalent to 4 million) is achieved by a 35 mm full size CMOS sensor * 4 with a large pixel of 19 μm * 3 side and equipped with proprietary technology for the pixel part and reading circuit. Realized. Even in darkness without artificial lighting or moonlight, you will be able to recognize the subject with very few light sources such as starlight.
* 1 Ina camera that can shoot color full HD movies. As of July 30, 2015 (Examination of Canon)
※ 2 Whenmaximum gain is 75 dB. Compliant with “CCTV equipment specification specification method” (TTR – 4602 B) issued by the Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA).
(Theoretical value when shooting under color / No accumulation / F1.2 / 30P / 50 IRE)
※ 3 1 μm (micrometer) is one millionth of a meter
* 4 Please refer to the news release announced on March 4, 2013.
* 5 For details of the EF lens with confirmed operation, refer to the specifications.
- With 2-axis gimbals mounted, image shooting without blurring is realized.
- It is possible to change pitch / roll direction and camera direction.
Maximum payload 10 kg
- Weatherproof 6-sheet machine capable of flight at rainy
- We realized a maximum payload of 10 kg with a motor with high power specification