Linksys WiFi range extenders are networking devices whose prime function is to boost up WiFi signal of existing network and make them approachable to each far end of your network.
This is the reason why they are also called as WiFi booster.
Best part with Linksys extender is it’s user interface in the form of http://extender.linksys.com or 192.168.1.1, which makes installation process too easy for its users.
Various steps involved in Linksys WiFi extender setup includes:
- Power on your extender and wait until it comes in Up-state..
- Now establish the link between any client device such as computer, and extender. For this click on Wireless icon, present on the task bar of your device. This will list out all the available networks.
- Here select network named as Linksys Extender Setup.
- Then open up web browser. This will automatically land you to Linksys extender setup page..
- But if in case setup page does not opened up automatically, then you will be required to enter http://extender.linksys.com/ in the address field of your web browser.
- User can also enter 192.168.1.1 instead of http://extender.linksys.com, in the address bar of browser.
- Now just follow the on screen instructions to start Linksys WiFi extender setup.
- You will be provided with option to change the language of interface, if required so. Then accept the terms and conditions and click on Next.
- Now select the network which you want to extend using Linksys extender. In the very next step you will be asked to enter password. Here enter password of your existing network.
- Now you will be provided with option to alter the network name and password of extender network as per your desire. Once you are done with it, click on Next.
- Click on Save the settings.
- Your extender will be re booted.
- Now you will be required to re-establish connection between extender and computer using new credentials that you had set during installation process.
By this your Linksys WiFi extender setup gets completed. Now you can place your Linksys extender wherever you want and can enjoy seamless internet connectivity throughout your network.