In today’s modern era, Linksys range extenders are used to extend the main router WiFi range. Linksys has been manufacturing wireless repeaters (extenders) from a while and they have been doing well. When we buy a new range extender we might get curious to know how to setup a Linksys range extender.
So, if you are searching for the same then this post is meant for you. Well, there are two ways to set up a Linksys signal booster (extender) and we will be discussing both the ways.
Tips Prior to Setting up Linksys WiFi Booster-
A Linksys WiFi range extender is a plug and play device. So, we recommend you to perform a reset process before you take the glance to setup your device.
Make sure that your existing router is up-to-date and your Linksys extender is placed within the reach of it.
Now, let’s find out how to set up and configure a Linksys wireless range extender-
- First of all, plug the Linksys range extender into a power outlet and after that, turn it on.
- Now, grab your computer or a laptop and click on the wireless icon and search for available WiFi networks.
- After that, look for extender Linksys setup open network to connect with it.
- Once it is connected successfully open a web browser and it will automatically redirect you to Linksys extender login
Note: If you don’t see the setup page type http://extender.linksys.com/ into the address bar field of the internet browser. On the other hand, you can also use the default IP address of Linksys range extender to access the login page.
- Once you are on the setup page we insist you to follow on-screen instructions to start the Linksys range extender setup process.
You can also choose your preferred language and accept the terms and conditions. Once done, hit on next.
- Now, in next step you see a list of available and active networks – you have to select the network whose range you wish to extend and type the password (security key) for your existing WiFi router and hit on next.
Note: You can even change the network name (SSID) and password for the extender in the next step. Do not keep them default.
- Click on next and save the settings. Reboot your Linksys WiFi range extender as well.
- Once you have restarted your Linksys device, you can plug in your range extender anywhere in the house and enjoy watching movies and videos without buffering.
Good job! You have done the installation process of Linksys range expander (extender) successfully.
Setup the Linksys Range Extender with an Ethernet Cable –
- First of all, connect the Linksys range extender to the PC or a laptop via Ethernet cable.
- Secondly, plug the range extender into the power outlet and wait for the power lights on it become stable.
- Open a web browser and enter extender.linksys.com into the URL bar.
- Enter default login credentials and click on login.
- Now, click on wireless settings. After that, you have to set the radio button to manual and enter the SSID (network name) of your main wireless router.
- Next, you have to enter the WEP key or WPA/WPA mixed mode key and shut down your range extender and the router for a short while. Restart your router first and after few minutes apply the same process on your range extender.
Congrats! You have successfully configured your Linksys range extender.
We hope that the aforementioned steps will help you to set up, configure, and install your Linksys smart wireless range extender. Do comment below and let us know if you need any other help with your range extender and in accessing Linksys WiFi extender login page as well.
The solution partner of “Linksys” team thank you all by heart for reading this post.