One of the most effective ways to promote your affiliate links is writing an in-depth review. Learn what elements you can include, how to establish yourself as an expert and have a real impact on people’s purchase decisions.
Originally published at CrazyCall Partners Blog.
Affiliate marketing is one of the primary methods used to monetize websites. The first step in making money recommending products and services is to select a niche. Once you know who your audience is, what problems they face and what products they are interested in, you can focus on selecting promotional methods. In fact, review website is one of the best sources of the passive income.
Becoming an influencer
By reviewing products, you can have a real impact on people’s purchase decisions. They won’t have to research on what products and services are available and then spending time testing them. Reviews are popular as they point out cons and pros of products and help the audience understand how they select those that will match their needs and expectations. This way, they save their time, money and stress of figuring out what to buy.
Starting a review website requires a good knowledge of a particular product category. You should understand the features and requirements of your audience. If you are familiar with the niche, start with the products you know well. Add new content regularly as with any blog. To stay ahead of the competition, keep your ears open for new products released on the market. Publishing new reviews and updates will also give you a reason to send newsletters to your subscribers or post on social media channels. No matter if your niche is narrow or broad, you can always find other products to review.
Finding your voice is probably the greatest struggle for most writers, but it will help your content to stand out. If you are passionate about the topic and not writing about something you are not familiar with, your audience will notice the difference. Be bold in expressing your opinions. People read reviews because they look for genuine feedback and appreciate the first-hand experience. Describe a product from your perspective and avoid a sale ton. Tell about your experience with the product and what you especially like or dislike about it. Think about what questions your audience might have. Those details make reviews unique. People don’t want to read the same description they can find in press releases.
Take on responsibility for your review. Backing your opinion with testing is crucial. If you are not sure about something or can’t find an answer, contact a vendor. You want to be considered an expert so make sure you don’t provide false information. You might also be tempted to write a fake positive review for a terrible product just to earn a commission but never go this route. Why? If you describe all products as excellent, it’s a warning sign for your readers that you are not a legitimate reviewer. If you post a fake review, you risk losing a loyal audience. And, if they buy the product and realize that it is not what you specified, most likely they will return it, so your commission will be voided. Being an affiliate doesn’t mean you must be unbiased.
Review page template
Once you have selected and tested the product, it’s time to present the results. When designing a website, make it easy to filter and compare products. Comparison tables come in handy if you want to show the similarities and differences between multiple products at a glance. Use a template for the product page so your readers can see not only main characteristics but also differences and similarities between compatible products. You need to decide on what aspects you will evaluate and be balanced. Explain to your audience why you believe specific features are beneficial and why you consider others are flaws.
Reviews can be in the form of a table, video or text description. You can also add banners and promo images. Screenshots are an efficient way of explaining the features of an app and how it works. You can also use them to present your real results.
There is no single structure for a perfect review. Here are some elements you can include in a software review but don’t be afraid to experiment and choose the one that works best for you:
- Product Overview: Describe the product and a customer who can benefit from using it. Pinpoint the problems it solves. Add basic information on vendor and how long it is on the market. Don’t forget to indicate the version of the product you are testing.
- Features: List the features and let your audience know which of them are essential and which are just nice to have. Readers that are not familiar with the product will find a short explanation of features useful.
- Pros and Cons: The most helpful reviews are those that outline both the advantages and disadvantages of a product. Reviews with too much praise or bitter criticism don’t sound credible.
- Pricing: The price of a product or service is one of the most significant factors in the consumer decision-making process. Describe differences between plans and whether a vendor offers a free trial.
- Conclusion: Summarize the cons and pros of a product. Is it a good value for money? If you contacted the support team, share your experience.
- List of Alternatives: Give your audience the choice and list alternatives and how they measure up to the reviewed product.
- Updates: Stay up to date with the products and services you promote. Make sure you include relevant and precise information. Subscribe for updates, so you don’t miss new features.
Remember, reviews drive sales. There are various places where you could include your affiliate links:
- Include a call-to-action button, e.g., sign up for a free trial, buy now
- Use in-content affiliate links throughout the article
- Add and link banners and logo.
Writing an in-depth product review takes time, but it’s one of the most effective ways to promote your affiliate links. If you want to stand out from the crowd, you need to find your voice and be reliable. Allow comments on your articles, so people can share their insights, feedback and ask questions. People will appreciate your dedication if you engage with them.