By Priyanka Desai.
I’m the founder of iScribblers, a content marketing and online PR partner for tech startups.
As a growing startup, if you’re about to announce an amazing partnership, a client acquisition, a grand opening, a research report, or some novel data, one thing is certain: you need to get the word out and fast.
But there’s so much more to a big announcement than just firing a press release and praying it reaches the right audience. Don’t be fooled into thinking that successful campaigns come together with just a few clicks and a small buzz on social media. Getting your story covered by the media requires so much more work.
From crafting the right subject line to sending an email at the right time, the iScribblers team prepared this list of the 48 statistics that you should know before reaching out to the media.
We collected this information from the following sources:
- What 1,300 Publishers Want From Your PR pitches (Fractl)
- Global Trust in Advertising report (Nielsen)
- Buying Trances: A New Psychology of Sales and Marketing (Joe Vitale)
- Journalists Spend Less Than One Minute Reading Each Press Release (Adweek)
- Get Your Pitch Noticed By a Major Publisher (Harvard Business Review)